Lindleys-Life as we know it.

Wade, Deanna, Ryan, Colby, Taylor and Mayley



Friday, March 7, 2008

Laundry Quandary

I have a serious problem. I don't mind doing laundry. But for some reason I hate sorting and folding socks. I'm sure it stems from my childhood... My mother must have had the same hatred and would let the socks gather until it was a completly overwhelming and undaunting task then she would give us the unrelenting job. BUT, not only would she pass it on to us, she would try to make it sound as though she was doing us a favor. She was sacrificing and doing the 'hard' part of the laundry and letting us do the 'easy' socks.
My husband mocks me and even asked at one point " why don't you just fold the socks with each batch and not let them pile up?"
In my mind I know I am completely irrational and yet, I hear myself defending the insanity of it all....
"Well that's just unheard of....If I do it that way, then I end up doing twice as much work because inevitably one of the socks is in one load and the other ends up in another load and ... and ... and... "
As I watch the smile spread across his face I can't help but smile myself and quietly accept defeat.
And yet here is the proof. I am a creature of habit.

3 comments:

Jason & Claire said...

You are way ahead of me. I refuse to EVER match socks. Each person has a sock drawer and I make sure their socks get to it, it's their job to find matches. I HATE matching socks!

PS-My mom safety pinned each pair of socks together during washing/drying so she didn't have to search. I went the opposite direction as well.

Tiffany said...

I think you are doing Great to ONLY have the sock piling up. I hate folding laundry altogether. I usually spend a few days washing and piling all the clothes on the couch, which usually ends up looking like a mountain, then one night when there are a few good shows on T.V. I stay up late and fold, fold, fold.

The Pfau's said...

Oh Deanna! That is one of the things that is SO NICE about having a fabulous sister like you. You completly understand me and my sock basket along with every thing else. Love Ya!